Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can upgrade higher OS from OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 on my Macbook Pro 13-inch mid 2010 ?

How I can upgrade higher OS from OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 on my Macbook Pro 13-inch mid 2010 ?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:15 AM

Read over Here and choose High Sierra. Believe that is the maximum for this computer. Just be sure to Only use Safari to open this and following links in next page. Safari will open and redirect to Apple Store to High Sierra and can be downloaded. Once it finishes downloading DO NOT let it start the installation - Quit it. Do a Time Machine Backup first. Then restart computer in Safe Mode ( Shift ) key immediately at startup. It will do a Repair Disk and clear cache files plus only load required software to operate the computer - so will load slowly - Normal. Once logged in - the Installer is located in the Application folder - Launch it and follow all prompts and instructions.

Good Luck

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 7:15 AM in response to DYellow

Read over Here and choose High Sierra. Believe that is the maximum for this computer. Just be sure to Only use Safari to open this and following links in next page. Safari will open and redirect to Apple Store to High Sierra and can be downloaded. Once it finishes downloading DO NOT let it start the installation - Quit it. Do a Time Machine Backup first. Then restart computer in Safe Mode ( Shift ) key immediately at startup. It will do a Repair Disk and clear cache files plus only load required software to operate the computer - so will load slowly - Normal. Once logged in - the Installer is located in the Application folder - Launch it and follow all prompts and instructions.

Good Luck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.