Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITUNES

How can I add songs from my IPone to Apple Music on my IMAC?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:21 AM

Hello CPRDFR,

We understand you would like to get the music on your phone over to your Mac and we're happy to help. First, are you an Apple Music subscriber? If so, then these steps here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music will assist you with keeping your music up to date on all devices.

If you are not a subscriber, then you can access purchased songs from iTunes in your purchased history on the Mac using the steps here: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

If the music is third party music, then you will have to have the music on the Mac to listen to it there. You're unable to import music from an iPhone using your Mac.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 10:21 AM in response to CPRDFR

Hello CPRDFR,

We understand you would like to get the music on your phone over to your Mac and we're happy to help. First, are you an Apple Music subscriber? If so, then these steps here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music will assist you with keeping your music up to date on all devices.

If you are not a subscriber, then you can access purchased songs from iTunes in your purchased history on the Mac using the steps here: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

If the music is third party music, then you will have to have the music on the Mac to listen to it there. You're unable to import music from an iPhone using your Mac.

Take care!

ITUNES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.