Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password manager designed for iPad iOS?

Is there a password manager application sanctioned by Apple? A password manager that seamlessly interfaces with iPad iOS?

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:52 PM

Apple doesn’t sanction or endorse third party Apps. A couple of the two most popular are 1Password and mSecure. I’ve used mSecure on my iPhone, iPad and Mac for years now and can recommend it from personal experience.

3 replies

Jan 14, 2021 6:17 PM in response to edspyhill01

You’re welcome. I like mSecure since it keeps my passwords and notes sync’d across all my Apple devices (so also means I have redundant copies) and has a backup feature to make an encrypted backup file to a Mac. The sync feature uses iCloud so everything is end to end encrypted when synchronizing any changes.

But there are forum members here who use 1Password and speak highly of it. The advantage if either of these is that they are not one person coding efforts that could disappear overnight. They are both well established companies that have been in the business of password managers for many years.

Password manager designed for iPad iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.