Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime

When using Quicktime Player, I have video but no audio

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 8:34 PM

If an audio or video file doesn't play on Mac - Apple Support

refers to Quicktime, but no detail.

8 replies

Jan 15, 2021 1:27 PM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the quick response. I decided to try and download thru the App Store as I felt this was safe. Not sure but I figured its in Apple's App store and not on the internet. I downloaded Final Video player and that worked. I'm not sure why Quicktime would not work. It use to but not any longer. Just some mp4's taken form my iPhone but not mp4's from my Corvette 32MB sd card. Like I said, it use to work. Anyway, Thanks for helping me...

Jan 15, 2021 1:27 PM in response to Matti Haveri

Thanks for the quick response. I decided to try and download thru the App Store as I felt this was safe. Not sure but I figured its in Apple's App store and not on the internet. I downloaded Final Video player and that worked. I'm not sure why Quicktime would not work. It use to but not any longer. Just some mp4's taken form my iPhone but not mp4's from my Corvette 32MB sd card. Like I said, it use to work. Thank for helping me

Jan 15, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Hotdog2020

I still use older software. I know Apple was supposed to drop support for "vintage" codecs (the things that interpret the different formats stored in a movie) in iMovie a while ago. I don't know if that applied to QT too.

VLC is well known and pretty safe, but since it is freeware nobody wants to pay Apple to keep it on the Store.

Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.