Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you reset a Watch that does not go into pairing mode because it thinks it is already paired, but doesn’t recognize the iPhone it was paired with (after iPhone restored from iCloud?

My watch believe it is paired with my iPhone and does not go into pairing mode. My iPhone has forgotten the I watch after having been restored from the iCloud. So my question is, “”how do I restore factory settings on my Apple Watch when it does not go into pairing mode?”

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:02 PM

On a computer go to icloud.com and login to your Apple ID associated with the watch & iPhone.

Choose Find iPhone.

From the All Devices dropdown menu, choose the Watch

In the dropsheet that appears to the right, choose Erase Apple Watch

Follow the on-screen instructions until the Watch is erased.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.3; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 7:02 PM in response to John_the_Befuddled

On a computer go to icloud.com and login to your Apple ID associated with the watch & iPhone.

Choose Find iPhone.

From the All Devices dropdown menu, choose the Watch

In the dropsheet that appears to the right, choose Erase Apple Watch

Follow the on-screen instructions until the Watch is erased.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.3; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

How do you reset a Watch that does not go into pairing mode because it thinks it is already paired, but doesn’t recognize the iPhone it was paired with (after iPhone restored from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.