Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue tooth sound too low in car iphone 12

I just got a new iPhone 12 and have Bluetooth low sound problems that I never had with my old iPhone 5! I can not turn up the sound anymore and can barely hear podcasts and phone calls! Help is something set wrong? I can not find a music setting in this phone and volume turned all the way!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 1:20 PM

Hi frustrated in little rock,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, when your iPhone is paired with your car, the sound is lower than expected and you are unable to adjust it, do we have that right? Is the volume low if you are connected to any other bluetooth accessory? Are there any firmware or software updates available for the car or your iPhone? Do you attempt to increase the volume while connected to the car?

You can go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Headphone Safety, is Reduce Loud Sounds turned on? Does this continue if you turn that setting off or increase it to 100 decibels?

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 1:20 PM in response to frustrated in little rock

Hi frustrated in little rock,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, when your iPhone is paired with your car, the sound is lower than expected and you are unable to adjust it, do we have that right? Is the volume low if you are connected to any other bluetooth accessory? Are there any firmware or software updates available for the car or your iPhone? Do you attempt to increase the volume while connected to the car?

You can go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Headphone Safety, is Reduce Loud Sounds turned on? Does this continue if you turn that setting off or increase it to 100 decibels?

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Hope that helps!

Blue tooth sound too low in car iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.