Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Page SetUp Size and Fit to Size

Hello -

I know how to change a page to another size, but when I do that it does not scale the content within the pages to fit the new page document size. For example, if I have a calendar in US Letterhead and I change the page setup to make it an A5, how can I adjust the actual calendar to now fit the size of an A5 document?

Thanks,

Stacy

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 9:42 AM

Open a normal size document in Pages. Then visit the Page Setup… panel and selecting the Manage Custom Sizes… selection choice, make a new page layout size, give it a useful name, and press OK.

If you have a letter-size document open in Pages, as soon as you click OK on that Manage Custom Sizes panel, the currently open Pages document automatically switches to the new custom document size. Just tested this with Pages 10.3.9 in macOS 11.1.

There is no printer control feature to center your adjusted document on the printout. It will always print left-justified. In Pages, however, you can center your resized document content via either a paragraph style or via margin adjustments, before printing.

Pages User Guide for Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 9:42 AM in response to StacyMarie927

Open a normal size document in Pages. Then visit the Page Setup… panel and selecting the Manage Custom Sizes… selection choice, make a new page layout size, give it a useful name, and press OK.

If you have a letter-size document open in Pages, as soon as you click OK on that Manage Custom Sizes panel, the currently open Pages document automatically switches to the new custom document size. Just tested this with Pages 10.3.9 in macOS 11.1.

There is no printer control feature to center your adjusted document on the printout. It will always print left-justified. In Pages, however, you can center your resized document content via either a paragraph style or via margin adjustments, before printing.

Pages User Guide for Mac.

Changing Page SetUp Size and Fit to Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.