Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you restore a backup from a new 2020 iPad Air to previous/older iPad Air2?

I have a new 2020 iPad Air, and an older iPad Air 2. I want to restore from the new (backed up) data on my 2020 iPad to my older iPad Air 2. How...?

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 8:57 AM

If you intend to “clone” one iPad’s state to the other, these support pages should get you started with available methods of transferring data and setup:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 8:57 AM in response to GOTTAHAVECLAENDAR

If you intend to “clone” one iPad’s state to the other, these support pages should get you started with available methods of transferring data and setup:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

How do you restore a backup from a new 2020 iPad Air to previous/older iPad Air2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.