Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone xr stuck on apple logo

My daughters iPhone xr is stuck on the apple logo. What can I do?

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 9:44 PM

Finally sorted it out. I had to plug it in to the Mac, having updated the Mac first, and then performed a reset (vol up, vol down and hold the power button until the apple symbol goes off) and instead of returning the apple symbol I got the recovery mode symbol (a lead pointing to a computer). At the same time the Mac told me there was a fault on the iPhone and it needed to be restored or updated. I tried to update but that didn’t work so I restored it to factory settings and once completed I restored again but this time from my latest backup. Glad to say it’s working fine now.

hope this helps anybody else with the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 9:44 PM in response to yanira227

Finally sorted it out. I had to plug it in to the Mac, having updated the Mac first, and then performed a reset (vol up, vol down and hold the power button until the apple symbol goes off) and instead of returning the apple symbol I got the recovery mode symbol (a lead pointing to a computer). At the same time the Mac told me there was a fault on the iPhone and it needed to be restored or updated. I tried to update but that didn’t work so I restored it to factory settings and once completed I restored again but this time from my latest backup. Glad to say it’s working fine now.

hope this helps anybody else with the problem.

iPhone xr stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.