Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID set up problem

When I try to set up a Touch ID on my macbook pro, it asks for my password, but then nothing happens when I enter it. I've tried to search this up but can't find anything. I know that if you enter your password, there should be a pop-up that makes you set up the touch id, but nothing pops up. I've also tried to restart my macbook. This happened after I updated my computer for MacOS Big Sur 11.1, if that helps anything.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 1:10 PM

jyxzel wrote:

When I try to set up a Touch ID on my macbook pro, it asks for my password, but then nothing happens when I enter it. I've tried to search this up but can't find anything. I know that if you enter your password, there should be a pop-up that makes you set up the touch id, but nothing pops up. I've also tried to restart my macbook. This happened after I updated my computer for MacOS Big Sur 11.1, if that helps anything.

>System Preferences>Touch ID

Use Touch ID on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are having an issue Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 1:10 PM in response to jyxzel

jyxzel wrote:

>System Preferences>Touch ID

Use Touch ID on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are having an issue Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Touch ID set up problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.