Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Identify your Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch won’t uodate

My Apple Watch 6E series Model A2351 won’t update. I have followed all suggestions I can find on the phone app and the settings app on the watch. Keeps giving me a loop. When I try to update to using the watch app in the phone, it tells me it can’t find connection to iPhone and to make sure they are side by side and not in airplane mode.

when I try to update from my watch, it says to open app in phone and accept terms and conditions. When I do, it loops me right back to install ... then back to accept terms and keeps looping.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:52 PM

Hey there!

Try opening the Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you’ve deleted the file, try to download and install watchOS again.

If this fails, try the steps over at If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

For more information on updating Apple Watch, see Update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 7:52 PM in response to tmcotton84

Hey there!

Try opening the Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you’ve deleted the file, try to download and install watchOS again.

If this fails, try the steps over at If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

For more information on updating Apple Watch, see Update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

My Apple Watch won’t uodate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.