Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello I have a Mac pro from 2008 can I install the latest Radeon graphics card on it ?

Hello I have a Mac Pro from 2008 can I install the latest Radeon graphics card on it as it supports it pci express?

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:18 PM

12 replies

Jan 16, 2021 12:34 PM in response to padams35

Oh wow I really didn’t know this was considered a hack if you were to install a newer macOS on an old apple branded computer which apple licensing agreement says you can not install macOS on a non apple branded computer which i now I know apple is in charge of the American governmental laws and thus can create new laws and stuff so people won’t break them and have to keep buying new computers every year because apple is above the law and is able to create new policies beyond what’s said Or the amendment. I totally get it now it’s not legal at all Even if it’s being said upon apple agreement because they are in charge of the law.

thanks guys,

I have to be careful on the questions because I didn’t know it was a bad thing to ask then to be called a hack.

Jan 16, 2021 7:17 AM in response to KevinDotsfan

Drivers for that card first appeared in MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. It does not appear to be flashable, so you get no boot-up screens: no startup manager, no recovery, no diagnostics, no Installer, no Safe mode, and no picture at all until the login screen appears after the driver has loaded.

There are better choices.

Your Mac is limited to 10.11 El Capitan, unless you use some hobbyist hacks to push it farther. Since these have a some potential for damaging your computer or yourself, we can not provide details here.

Hello I have a Mac pro from 2008 can I install the latest Radeon graphics card on it ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.