Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play explicit content on other's Playlsits only on music.apple.com

Hi there!

I wanted to listen to the Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack on Apple Music for nostalgia reasons, and figured someone had a playlist with the songs in it. Lo and behold, I found this playlist:

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/jet-set-radio-future/pl.u-zPyLm05udR6mxK

This being said, I cannot play it on music.apple.com, as I get this error:

I can play this exact same playlist perfectly fine in the Music app on my iPhone 12 Pro. I also made sure on the device explicit language is allowed.

The above is in Firefox; on a whim I tried it in Microsoft Edge and it got weirder:

The same "Not playable" error occurs in Google Chrome as well.

Again, this works fine in the actual Music app, just not in the browser. I suspect it's a bug in the web portion of Apple Music; if it is, how do I report it? If not, maybe there is a setting I'm missing.

Thank you!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 9:16 AM

Hi tunacado, thank you for posting this in Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you're unable to play a specific Apple Music playlist through two different web browsers, but you are able to play it through the Music app on your iPhone.

This page in the Apple Music User Guide shows how to check for explicit restriction with Apple Music on the web, and then turn that off:

Set or change parental controls in Apple Music on the web

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 9:16 AM in response to tunacado

Hi tunacado, thank you for posting this in Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you're unable to play a specific Apple Music playlist through two different web browsers, but you are able to play it through the Music app on your iPhone.

This page in the Apple Music User Guide shows how to check for explicit restriction with Apple Music on the web, and then turn that off:

Set or change parental controls in Apple Music on the web

Cheers!

Cannot play explicit content on other's Playlsits only on music.apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.