Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with pixelated photos in photos library after Catalina upgrade

I have about 70-80 photos that were scanned in years ago and had been transferred to my MacBook Pro, mid-2012, from another Mac, again, years ago. These photos looked good until recently, but now are displaying terribly blurry/pixelated. I don't use iCloud for photo storage, so the only thing I can think of is that this difference is somehow since upgrading to Catalina, sometime in the past year??? I was told to upgrade to Big Sur but my computer is not listed as compatible. Note: other, more recently scanned photos seem to display fine. Is this a problem with the Photos app and can it be fixed?

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 9:42 AM

It sounds like the original version of the photo has become lost, or damaged. Are you able to open these images for editing, or are you able to "export unmodified original? If not it suggests photos cannot find the original.

If so, you'll need to reimport it from a backup.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problems with pixelated photos in photos library after Catalina upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.