Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you see Bookmark Descriptions?

What's the point of adding a Bookmark description if you can't easily see them? Apple, please have the descriptions show up in the Bookmark list.

When doing research, I may bookmark a lot of pages to reference in the future. Because the descriptions aren't easily seen, I end having to go through all the bookmarks to find the ones I need.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:14 PM

To view bookmark descriptions, open the bookmarks sidebar, double-click on a folder. All the bookmarks within the folder will be listed on the sidebar with the description. To edit the description, right-click the description and chose “edit description” from the drop-down menu. To return to the bookmarks list, click on the back arrow ( < ) at the top left of the bookmarks sidebar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 3:14 PM in response to kevlac

To view bookmark descriptions, open the bookmarks sidebar, double-click on a folder. All the bookmarks within the folder will be listed on the sidebar with the description. To edit the description, right-click the description and chose “edit description” from the drop-down menu. To return to the bookmarks list, click on the back arrow ( < ) at the top left of the bookmarks sidebar.

How do you see Bookmark Descriptions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.