Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setup personal hotspot

Im wonder how to setup my iPhone XR personal hotspot. Is there some sort of East way to do this??

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 11:43 AM

iPhone Settings => Personal Hotspot => activate by turning it on there.

You will see the password indicated there in the Settings for the phone, use that password with another device to make use of the hotspot. The hotspot will show up in the WiFi menu along with routers. It will have the name of your iPhone to identify it.

The name of your iPhone is found in Settings => General => About. Mine is simply called "iPhone," you can rename yours in that Settings menu on the iPhone.

Your cellular contract needs to permit the use of the phone as a hotspot for this to work. Most do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 11:43 AM in response to NKimimilaSka

iPhone Settings => Personal Hotspot => activate by turning it on there.

You will see the password indicated there in the Settings for the phone, use that password with another device to make use of the hotspot. The hotspot will show up in the WiFi menu along with routers. It will have the name of your iPhone to identify it.

The name of your iPhone is found in Settings => General => About. Mine is simply called "iPhone," you can rename yours in that Settings menu on the iPhone.

Your cellular contract needs to permit the use of the phone as a hotspot for this to work. Most do.

setup personal hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.