Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, can someone tell me how to get rid of the scrolling vertical black lines that move across my images in iMovie in a project?

I have completed a project in iMovie and when I play the completed piece there are vertical black lines scrolling across the images as the film plays??? How can I get rid of these?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 6:21 PM

Hi,

Try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 6:21 PM in response to pacificaprojects

Hi,

Try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Hi, can someone tell me how to get rid of the scrolling vertical black lines that move across my images in iMovie in a project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.