Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have to subscribe to Apple Music to access the music I have already bought and the Playlists that I have already built??

Why do I have to subscribe to Apple Music to access the music I have already bought and the Playlists that I have already built??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 2:41 PM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2021 5:01 PM in response to aeyundt

aeyundt wrote:

Because when I select library it says 'Ur Music Everywhere' Try it now. Next page gives me options to pay $9.99 individual, 14.99 fam, 4.99 college student!! WHAT THE ****!

An iCloud Music Library, used for streaming Music over the internet, requires a paid subscription to Apple Music or iTune Match. This is an optional and premium service.

You can still sync your music for free to your device using iTunes or Finder, just as you always have.

Jan 17, 2021 7:29 PM in response to aeyundt

aeyundt wrote:

I hav an LG Android phone & i down loaded apple music so i can listen to my iTunes music that i own but it didn't show up in Apple music. Why isn't it there? How can i still use iTunes...it doesn't exist. ... Isn't Finder only on an Apple devices?

U should have said so b4.

The original questions was about an iOS device., You should not butt in on a previous question. Start your own.

Your only option is a paid subscription to Apple Music. iTunes music has never been compatible with Android.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.