Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if a song isn't available in apple music, have i lost it from my library

I stored all of my music, ancient stuff from CDs and newer things bought from Apple, in iTunes. Then I changed computer. Now a lot of that music, including things like "mixtapes" made for me years ago and including things like albums that still appear in Apple Music, are greyed out and can be neither downloaded nor played. Have I lost these things forever by trusting Apple? Or are they stored somewhere, waiting for me to dig them out somehow?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 7:50 AM

SC,

If you have access to the old computer, or to a backup that you made, you can retrieve the files from there. For tracks that you purchased from the iTunes Store, you can usually get new files by re-downloading as follows:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

1 reply

if a song isn't available in apple music, have i lost it from my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.