Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini.

I have an iPad Mini which currently has quite an old IOS on it, which prevents me from downloading certain apps. I wondered if anyone knew how I can force through an update for the latest IOS?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 12:17 PM

You don’t.

Your iPad is, probably, too old for any upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 12:17 PM in response to murren97

You don’t.

Your iPad is, probably, too old for any upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

iPad Mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.