Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extend display or screen share from MacBook pro to PowerBook

Is it possible to use a PowerBook G4 1.5 (AI) A1104 as a second screen when my main computer is a MacBook Pro (Late 2011)? I believe the Powerbook has Firewire 400 and my MacBook Pro has Firewire 800 and Thunderbolt 1. I'm not sure if screen sharing would work or if I need to use any hardwire cables.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 9:45 AM

Screen Sharing means showing the screen of another computer in a window on your main computer. It uses a variant of VNC and is widely supported across many versions of MacOS. From time-to-time, I share the screen from a tiny print server running 10.4 on an iBook to my main Mac running 10.14 Mojave. I also share the screen of a larger server running High Sierra.

Performance across Wi-Fi is sometimes reported to be disappointing, even after tweaking screen quality. But try it and see if it will meet your needs.

I share mine across Gigabit Ethernet, and have no complaints.

Share the screen of another Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 9:45 AM in response to nestle48

Screen Sharing means showing the screen of another computer in a window on your main computer. It uses a variant of VNC and is widely supported across many versions of MacOS. From time-to-time, I share the screen from a tiny print server running 10.4 on an iBook to my main Mac running 10.14 Mojave. I also share the screen of a larger server running High Sierra.

Performance across Wi-Fi is sometimes reported to be disappointing, even after tweaking screen quality. But try it and see if it will meet your needs.

I share mine across Gigabit Ethernet, and have no complaints.

Share the screen of another Mac - Apple Support

Extend display or screen share from MacBook pro to PowerBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.