Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my Apple TV be wired and not wi-fi to work with Homepod?

Do I need to have my apple tv on wi fi to work with homepod? Mine sees the homepod but can’t connect to it.

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:21 PM

There any many different routers, all of which have different configuration screens. You can add the Wi-Fi credentials to your Apple TV and unplug its cable to see if helps with your HomePod connection issue, although the first thing I would try would be to power cycle the Apple TV, HomePod, and router, then wait for them all to connect up again and see it it works out.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 2:21 PM in response to didly

There any many different routers, all of which have different configuration screens. You can add the Wi-Fi credentials to your Apple TV and unplug its cable to see if helps with your HomePod connection issue, although the first thing I would try would be to power cycle the Apple TV, HomePod, and router, then wait for them all to connect up again and see it it works out.

tt2

Can my Apple TV be wired and not wi-fi to work with Homepod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.