Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove Avast from my Mac mini running Big Sur Thanks

How can I remove Avast from my Mac mini running Big Sur. When I try to delete the message is can't because it is open but it isn't open and know it was a mistake to install it.

Thanks in advance

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:50 AM

Uninstalling Avast Security from Mac | Avastsupport.avast.com

You can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running Find Any File to search for any files with the application's name  and the developer's name in the file name.  For Avast software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains avast

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 11:50 AM in response to cldonohue

Uninstalling Avast Security from Mac | Avastsupport.avast.com

You can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running Find Any File to search for any files with the application's name  and the developer's name in the file name.  For Avast software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains avast

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

How can I remove Avast from my Mac mini running Big Sur Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.