Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with camera, lens flares

Hi, my iPhone 12 Pro Max has a problem with massive lens flares, the worst one is on video...

Definitely it’s abnormal situation.

It’s not this same what’s sometimes happens when I use my Dslr camera.

How you can help me resolve this problem ?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:02 PM

Hi - this is absolutely normal with an Iphone lens. The glass on the front is completely flat, and there is no shielding or lens hood.

The only way to stop it is to avoid the brightest light source from directly striking the front of the lens. Try a clip on lens hood, or avoid shooting towards bright light sources.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 2:02 PM in response to lukasz39

Hi - this is absolutely normal with an Iphone lens. The glass on the front is completely flat, and there is no shielding or lens hood.

The only way to stop it is to avoid the brightest light source from directly striking the front of the lens. Try a clip on lens hood, or avoid shooting towards bright light sources.

Problem with camera, lens flares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.