Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Exposure to Water

What Happens if my Apple Watch Series 6 is not in Water Lock when I go Swimming?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:06 PM

William_Dufek wrote:
What Happens if my Apple Watch Series 6 is not in Water Lock when I go Swimming?

In essence, nothing serious, except for the fact that water may remain in your speaker. How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support explains:

"Turn on Water Lock when you wear your Apple Watch in water. When you're finished, turn the Digital Crown to clear water from your watch's speaker. Here's how.

When Water Lock is on, your Apple Watch Series 2 or later doesn't respond to touch on its display. This prevents accidental input while you're in water. When you turn off Water Lock, your watch ejects any water that remains in its speaker."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 8:06 PM in response to William_Dufek

William_Dufek wrote:

In essence, nothing serious, except for the fact that water may remain in your speaker. How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support explains:

"Turn on Water Lock when you wear your Apple Watch in water. When you're finished, turn the Digital Crown to clear water from your watch's speaker. Here's how.

When Water Lock is on, your Apple Watch Series 2 or later doesn't respond to touch on its display. This prevents accidental input while you're in water. When you turn off Water Lock, your watch ejects any water that remains in its speaker."

Feb 1, 2021 5:32 AM in response to Ferd II

Thank you for that information, but do I need to activate Water Lock every time I use it in water, or even when I wash my hands? I've never heard of other smartwatches requiring this, even when I used various models of Fitbit watches. You just go swimming and that's it, and nothing to do after, other than wipe it down if you chose. If I'm at the beach, for example, I might forget about this Water Lock feature, and besides, I find that a bit annoying having to go through that every time I go for a plunge in the ocean or pool.

Apple Watch Exposure to Water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.