Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to put Apple Music songs on iPod nano 7/ if not possible, rip CDs to iPod nano 7

(ANSWER ASAP!) I have an Apple Music subscription, just got an iPod nano 7, and want to put my music on there. Not from iTunes, I don’t see why I should have to pay for 1 album when I already pay for an Apple Music subscription, and if I do, what an absolutely DISGUSTING rip-off. Please help. Not tomorrow please, today. I’m in a rush!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:23 PM

So basically I have to pay for each and every album? Yeah no.

The Mac: $2,000

My iPhone: $700

My iPads: $400 and 300

My iPod: $90

Apple Music subscription: Since I’ve had it for a long time: approximately $200

Apple has $3,790 FROM THIS FAMILY ALONE. And PIRACY?! WT. F?! DOESN’T IT KNOW I *WASTE MY MONEY* ON APPLE MUSIC EACH MONTH?!?!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 8:23 PM in response to Phil0124

So basically I have to pay for each and every album? Yeah no.

The Mac: $2,000

My iPhone: $700

My iPads: $400 and 300

My iPod: $90

Apple Music subscription: Since I’ve had it for a long time: approximately $200

Apple has $3,790 FROM THIS FAMILY ALONE. And PIRACY?! WT. F?! DOESN’T IT KNOW I *WASTE MY MONEY* ON APPLE MUSIC EACH MONTH?!?!

Jan 18, 2021 9:16 AM in response to andkdkssksksk

If you want to own them, and want to do with them as you please, yes you need to pay for each album or track you want. Why is that so strange? Before subscription services were a thing, this was how people got their music. They actually bought it.

All of the subscription music services work this way. There is no subscription service in the world that will let you copy subscription tracks to an external device where the subscription cannot be verified. Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, YouTube Music etc.. they all require validation of the active subscription to play the tracks. Its called copyright protection.

What you want to do is to get 100,000 tracks for $9,99 and then not have any type of limitations. That is simply not possible. That would entirely break the music industry.

It doesn't matter if you own $1,000,000 dollars worth of gear, what you want is not possible in a world were the owners of the music you want to listen to would like to avoid piracy. Yes piracy. Apple must provide ways for the music to not be pirated. It's either this, or simply not have any subscription services at all.

If you are allowed to copy the music to a device that cannot check for the subscription, what is stopping anybody else from downloading said tracks and just pirate them out to anyone for a dollar or 5.

This is the way music subscriptions work. Everywhere. It's a rental. Like subscribing to a Gym. You don't own the Gym equipment, you don't get to take it home. You must go to the Gym, and verify your subscription is active to use the equipment.

Jan 17, 2021 7:36 PM in response to andkdkssksksk

No. Apple Music tracks cannot be put on an iPod Nano. They are subscription tracks and require the validation fo the active subscription to play. Otherwise, you would be allowing rampant piracy for $9.99.

You do not own the tracks from the subscription service. You are only allowed to access them while you pay for the subscription and it can be verified.

You can sync music ripped from CDs to the nano however. See this link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

How to put Apple Music songs on iPod nano 7/ if not possible, rip CDs to iPod nano 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.