Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone shuts downs and tells me that is has 0 percent battery

Just like the title says, my phone on January 15th, shut down and told me it has zero percent battery. I’ve had the issue before but after 10-20 minutes it always went back to normal. Well after the said shut down, it didn’t go back to normal and it’s been telling me it’s a zero percent and that it can’t detect I have a Genuine Apple Battery. About an hour before writing this, I got a small glimmer of hope telling me it fixed itself but after 10 minutes it shut down and told me it was at zero percent again. No amount of charging will make the percentage go up. The phone is still usable but for about 2 minutes before shutting down and restarting. I really hope there’s a fix to this annoying thing that has been happening to me. Here’s a picture that my battery health page tells me. Notice the empty battery at the top

iPhone SE, 14

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:40 PM

Is this the original battery and you purchased the phone new from Apple or an Authorized Apple Reseller? if yes, use this article -> iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Phone shuts downs and tells me that is has 0 percent battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.