Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong album artwork displayed for multiple artists on iPhone Xs Apple music library

Since upgrading to iPhone Xs, the album artwork on this mobiles Apple music app is displaying the wrong artwork for multiple artists and their albums. This has happened to many of the albums in my library but, not all.

I have tried many recommendations given to me via this website and YouTube, however nothing seems to work.

I have up-to-date software on all devices also.

I hope you can help as I am finding this very frustrating.

Thank you!

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 2:37 PM

Unfortunately I am a Windows user too. This is the section of the post that helped me. I have bolded the areas that are key and added screen captures of what it looked like on my PC.

"With your iphone connected, go into your itunes music on your computer and find just ONE album with the wrong art from your iphone. Right click on that album and go to songs, find the songs from that album, use the toggle arrow at the bottom to scroll thru all the songs on that album. Then hit apply again. I also hit sync after that and IT FIXED ALL THE ALBUM ART FOR ALL MY ALBUMS!"

1. I right clicked the first song in an album that had the wrong artwork on my iphone and selected Song Info.
  2. Clicked Artwork button at the top, then scrolled through all songs on album by using the arrow button at the bottom.
  3. Then re-synced my library in iTunes. After synced, songs and artwork are correct on iphone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 2:37 PM in response to Retr0haze85

Unfortunately I am a Windows user too. This is the section of the post that helped me. I have bolded the areas that are key and added screen captures of what it looked like on my PC.

"With your iphone connected, go into your itunes music on your computer and find just ONE album with the wrong art from your iphone. Right click on that album and go to songs, find the songs from that album, use the toggle arrow at the bottom to scroll thru all the songs on that album. Then hit apply again. I also hit sync after that and IT FIXED ALL THE ALBUM ART FOR ALL MY ALBUMS!"

1. I right clicked the first song in an album that had the wrong artwork on my iphone and selected Song Info.
  2. Clicked Artwork button at the top, then scrolled through all songs on album by using the arrow button at the bottom.
  3. Then re-synced my library in iTunes. After synced, songs and artwork are correct on iphone.

Jan 19, 2021 11:57 AM in response to aspace_19

Hello 'aspace_19', thank you for your reply. I followed the link you provided, however I cannot understand the advice given by 'travisiam'. I don't know what I am supposed to be "applying again" or using the "toggle arrow" for like it suggests? I suspect this user is using Windows and not Mac. Just my guess.

Hopefully you can still help me as the problem persists.

Wrong album artwork displayed for multiple artists on iPhone Xs Apple music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.