Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie degrading image quality if screen recording

I have a Mid 2020 iMac with the upgraded graded graphics card and am running Catalina 10.15.7

When I make a screen recording and play it back in Quicktime the image is crystal clear

When I import it into iMovie and play it in the timeline in the image in the view it is blurry and when exported out if iMovie in 1080 and played back in Quicktime player it is also blurry.

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 9:32 AM

Try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 9:32 AM in response to KR 000

Try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie degrading image quality if screen recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.