Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t charge

my ipad is always dead but when i plug it in it charges to one percent then it stops charging. after a few seconds it dies and it will repeat this over and over. i have and iPad mini 2. this problem isn’t the cord because i use the cord on my other devices fine

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:56 AM

All reachable batteries have a finite life. The battery in your iPad mini2 may be approaching the end of its usable lifespan.

These support pages may be helpful:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If the iPad is still functional, you might consider making direct contact with Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic test. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, it can be obtained from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be able run full diagnostics - and provide appropriate advice and options on the basis of test results.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 7:56 AM in response to kathryn1235

All reachable batteries have a finite life. The battery in your iPad mini2 may be approaching the end of its usable lifespan.

These support pages may be helpful:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If the iPad is still functional, you might consider making direct contact with Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic test. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, it can be obtained from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be able run full diagnostics - and provide appropriate advice and options on the basis of test results.

iPad won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.