Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Video not available" on my smart TV with Family Sharing

When I try to download a video on my smart tv using family sharing I get the “video not available “ but I can download and see the movie on my iPhone. I see all the purchased movies in the sharing library. Am I missing something on my tv setup?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 6:50 AM

Hi Cobaltowner3,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are unable to download and play a Family Sharing movie using your smart TV.

"Download purchases in the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device

1. Open the Apple TV app.
  2. Select Library > Family Sharing, then select your family member to see their content.* You can access shared movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app on smart TVs and streaming devices.
  3. Not all content is eligible to be shared. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.

* Not all content and content types are available in all countries or regions. To share purchased content, all family members must use the same Apple ID country or region. Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. Apps can be downloaded to any devices the family member owns or controls."

You'll find more information here: Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Cobaltowner3

Hi Cobaltowner3,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are unable to download and play a Family Sharing movie using your smart TV.

"Download purchases in the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device

1. Open the Apple TV app.
  2. Select Library > Family Sharing, then select your family member to see their content.* You can access shared movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app on smart TVs and streaming devices.
  3. Not all content is eligible to be shared. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.

* Not all content and content types are available in all countries or regions. To share purchased content, all family members must use the same Apple ID country or region. Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. Apps can be downloaded to any devices the family member owns or controls."

You'll find more information here: Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Cheers!

"Video not available" on my smart TV with Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.