Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i keep my apple watch unused and uncharged for months?

Can i keep my apple watch unused and not charged for several months ? Will it cause my apple watch battery dead ?

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 7:42 AM

Hello Chandramohan18,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We know it's important to store your Apple Watch and keep the battery healthy. We're happy to assist.

You can store your Apple Watch for long term in a moisture-free environment that's less than 90°F (32°C) with the battery at 50%. Don't discharge it completely.

More information is here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 7:42 AM in response to Chandramohan18

Hello Chandramohan18,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We know it's important to store your Apple Watch and keep the battery healthy. We're happy to assist.

You can store your Apple Watch for long term in a moisture-free environment that's less than 90°F (32°C) with the battery at 50%. Don't discharge it completely.

More information is here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Take care!

Can i keep my apple watch unused and uncharged for months?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.