Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Notes Sub Folder not sorting - macOs Big Sur

Hi using Apple notes. I am having trouble getting the sub-folder sorted by alphabetical order. Currently I click on the parent folder and try to sort it via the more button but this only applies to notes contained in the folder rather its subfolders.

Is there a way to sort subfolder alphabetically or does this need to be done manually?

I really love Apple Notes and think it is far superior than Evernote and best it is free, especially now that you can search scanned hand written notes, to the point I am highly considering going back from my android to an iphone so I can stream line my notes with my work laptop. It just this one minor issue that is causing me headaches.

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:51 PM

It appears you cannot, similar to how Mail has been for years.

1 reply

Apple Notes Sub Folder not sorting - macOs Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.