Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air doesn't turn on

My macbook air doesn't turn on. I tried to hold the power button for ten seconds but it doesn't help. Then I press the power button normally and again it doesn't work. Can I get a help?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 6:30 PM

I think you should un-plug all cables from the device, wait and see, if it doesn't turn on, then try clicking or typing or keep pressing/holding the power button for ONLY a few times. Holding it can damage your hard drive. If it still doesn't work, I recommend you check if there is suspicion on the battery being swollen, if yes, go to your local apple store and ask to change the battery, if the battery is okay, still go to your local apple store and ask for help, thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 6:30 PM in response to saraa293

I think you should un-plug all cables from the device, wait and see, if it doesn't turn on, then try clicking or typing or keep pressing/holding the power button for ONLY a few times. Holding it can damage your hard drive. If it still doesn't work, I recommend you check if there is suspicion on the battery being swollen, if yes, go to your local apple store and ask to change the battery, if the battery is okay, still go to your local apple store and ask for help, thanks!

Macbook air doesn't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.