Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim not valid

Everytime I install my simcard it shows sim not valid I cant figure out what is wrong with it.i guess it it is a carrier problem, help me solve this problems.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 6:56 PM

Did you just change carriers by any chance? If you did and you get that error then your iPhone may be locked to the carrier that it previously worked with. Give the previous carrier a call and ask them about getting your iPhone unlocked.

If you did not just change carriers and are getting that error then shut down your iPhone and start it back up again. If that does not resolve the issue then call your current carrier and ask them about error and the resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 6:56 PM in response to Jhonnievai

Did you just change carriers by any chance? If you did and you get that error then your iPhone may be locked to the carrier that it previously worked with. Give the previous carrier a call and ask them about getting your iPhone unlocked.

If you did not just change carriers and are getting that error then shut down your iPhone and start it back up again. If that does not resolve the issue then call your current carrier and ask them about error and the resolution.

Axel F.

Sim not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.