Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidently selected 'Report as Junk' when deleting messages off my Iphone

Hi there,

I accidently selected 'Report as Junk' when deleting messages off my Iphone.

These messages were from close contacts whom I still want to receive messages from.

Will apple block messages coming through from these numbers?

Is there a way I can undo this?

Thank you, Lee

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:53 PM

Correct false-positives

Filtering out junk mail can block a legitimate email from reaching your inbox. This is called a false-positive.

If you feel that a legitimate email message was accidentally filtered, you can mark it as not junk so that any future messages from the same sender go to your inbox:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the message in the Junk folder, tap the folder icon at the bottom, then tap Inbox to move the message.
  • On your Mac, select the message and click the Not Junk button in the Mail toolbar. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.
  • At iCloud.com, select the message, then click Not Junk in the notification bar at the top of the message window. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.

If you notice that multiple email messages are being delayed, bounced, or not delivered, contact iCloud Support. Make sure to check your Junk folder for email messages that were incorrectly marked as junk mail. To check your Junk folder at iCloud.com, choose the Mail application and click the Junk folder in the sidebar. Email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 7:53 PM in response to lee_zap

Correct false-positives

Filtering out junk mail can block a legitimate email from reaching your inbox. This is called a false-positive.

If you feel that a legitimate email message was accidentally filtered, you can mark it as not junk so that any future messages from the same sender go to your inbox:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the message in the Junk folder, tap the folder icon at the bottom, then tap Inbox to move the message.
  • On your Mac, select the message and click the Not Junk button in the Mail toolbar. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.
  • At iCloud.com, select the message, then click Not Junk in the notification bar at the top of the message window. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.

If you notice that multiple email messages are being delayed, bounced, or not delivered, contact iCloud Support. Make sure to check your Junk folder for email messages that were incorrectly marked as junk mail. To check your Junk folder at iCloud.com, choose the Mail application and click the Junk folder in the sidebar. Email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.

Accidently selected 'Report as Junk' when deleting messages off my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.