Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I limit my HomePod in a remote home so it doesn't get connected to primary home?

How can I limit my HomePod in a remote home so it doesn't get connected to primary home? My vacation home often makes my remote AppleTV and remote Apple HomePod the "Connected" hub, instead of my local HomePod and AppleTV and when this happens my HSK Logitech Circle cams no longer send video!.. and other wrinkles occur. I can disable my AppleTV's from being available to my remote (vacation home), but I can't find a way to limit HomePod's from providing HomeKit hub services only to the local house and local wifi.. it's maddening!

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 2:14 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things but each home should be named uniquely and live on its own local network. Each home will designate one of its home hub capable devices to be the connected home hub with any others on standby. The connected hub manages communications between the home and the cloud. It shouldn't be possible for a device in one home to try to use a device in another as its home hub. I've no doubt you are experiencing connectivity issues, but I don't think you've got the right explanation.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 2:14 AM in response to Drew Gibson2

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things but each home should be named uniquely and live on its own local network. Each home will designate one of its home hub capable devices to be the connected home hub with any others on standby. The connected hub manages communications between the home and the cloud. It shouldn't be possible for a device in one home to try to use a device in another as its home hub. I've no doubt you are experiencing connectivity issues, but I don't think you've got the right explanation.

tt2

How can I limit my HomePod in a remote home so it doesn't get connected to primary home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.