Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean the top speaker grill on an iPhone 11?

It is completely functional and very loud too but there is a little bit of dust in there. Any suggestions on what I should use to clean it? Is this even safe to do at home? I don't want to ruin my speaker grill.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:45 PM

Hello technicalnam,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about cleaning your iPhone speaker. We're happy to help.

We recommend checking out section two in the article here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone speaker as it suggests you "clean the speaker or receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush."

You can also find helpful recommendations for cleaning your iPhone and other Apple products here: How to clean your Apple products

We hope the information helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 2:45 PM in response to technicalnam

Hello technicalnam,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about cleaning your iPhone speaker. We're happy to help.

We recommend checking out section two in the article here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone speaker as it suggests you "clean the speaker or receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush."

You can also find helpful recommendations for cleaning your iPhone and other Apple products here: How to clean your Apple products

We hope the information helps.

Cheers!

Jan 22, 2021 10:54 AM in response to technicalnam

I would use a ESD (electronic safely discharge) brush like the ones at the Genius Bar if you want to be extra careful. The link below shows what I am talking about. I am not recommending nor endorsing just simply providing a reference to note what I am referring to.

https://www.antistat.com/esd-brushes/

If you don't want to be that fancy. I believe compressed air sprayed into the receiver in a 45 degree angle with a microfiber should do.

Former five year apple employee at retail genius bar here.

How to clean the top speaker grill on an iPhone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.