Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easing question

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to set a motion path for an image so at the start, it moves by quickly, in the middle it slows down and near the end it speeds up again. If it is, could someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks
Leon J. Fletcher

I'm using Motion 3

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Motion 3

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 4:50 AM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2010 10:08 PM in response to triforceguy1

In the motion path behavior there is a "Speed" parameter. Set that to custom. Then set keyframes in the custom speed window right below (numerical value, 0-100 refers to percentage of path completed). You can the go into the keyframe editor and move the key frames to the points in the timeline you want to get your effect (If you place, say the keyframe at 25% and move that to the near the end of the behavior, traveling the first 25% of the path will take up most of the behavior, the last 75% of the path will zoom by.) You can change the keyframe interpolation to smooth out transitions between speed changes. That's at least one way.

Easing question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.