Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound of a moving part inside M1 MacBook Air

I recently bought a M1 MacBook Air. After 15 days of use i suddenly noticed there is some part moving inside the MBA which makes sound when the MBA is shaked horizontally. That sound comes from the upper region of the keyboard. I am worried about that problem . Is that normal or is that problem harmful for my device?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 11:55 AM

It is never good if something is rattling around in your laptop.

Contrary to what has been previously stated, the M1 MacBook Air has

no fan. So there should be no noises at all.

2 replies

Jan 19, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Vijay_peri

Hi Vijay_peri. The only movement you should expect from your macbook is the built-in fan, which will occasionally turn on when your computer is overheating. Based on your post, it sounds like you have a lose component in your laptop that is moving when you shake your laptop. I strongly recommend that you contact Apple Support to have your hardware examined and repaired. Good luck.

Sound of a moving part inside M1 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.