Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix error code 11800 on Apple TV

Hi all,

I recently bought a new AppleTV 4K and was enjoying it trouble-free. Then about a month ago I started to get the 11800 error on the Netflix app accompanied by the message "A problem occurred while playing this item. Try again later, or select a different item. Go to www.netflix.com/support for more information." This error occurs randomly -- sometimes I can play an entire hour long episode of a show without the error appearing and sometimes it appears every 5 minutes. I have tried rebooting my Apple TV, factory resetting my Apple TV, rebooting my modem and router -- nothing works. I also called Apple Support, but no luck there. I even tried a different Apple TV but that didn't solve the issue either. All the other apps work fine, no glitches.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks!

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 8:10 AM

Netflix hints that error -11800 is about DNS resolving. Netflix Error -11800 - Netflix Help Center

Set your Apple TV to use Auto DNS, which means it gets that information from your router. Set your router to use your ISP’s default DNS. That should work with any decent ISP.

Similar questions

3 replies

Netflix error code 11800 on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.