Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stain screen IPhone 12 Pro Max

I bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max just few weeks ago and I always cleaned my iPhone as the Apple Support advices. Today I noticed a stain on the screen, I tried to clean it as always but nothing. Here is a pic (the stain is in the middle of the red circle)

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:39 AM

wow! I thought I was the only one, it almost seems like its in between layers, edges are jagged not like a finger shape or drop of liquid shape which baffles me . In fact, if i clean the screen its almost impossible to see but with use it shows as a shiny black spot while typical fingerprints are everywhere. Please let us know if that is covered it drives me crazy just knowing its there

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 1:39 AM in response to KaeBFly

wow! I thought I was the only one, it almost seems like its in between layers, edges are jagged not like a finger shape or drop of liquid shape which baffles me . In fact, if i clean the screen its almost impossible to see but with use it shows as a shiny black spot while typical fingerprints are everywhere. Please let us know if that is covered it drives me crazy just knowing its there

Mar 9, 2021 8:48 PM in response to alemoraesc

Yes! It is the same that I had on my phone

Ok guys, I solved it

As I told you, I noticed about this like 2-3 days after I bought my phone, so I just went to the store and they gave me a new phone, because at the time of purchase they gave me a 7-day warranty for any factory damage, they changed it to me for a new one, I just had to bring my purchase ticket and that's it ;)

Jan 19, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Michi2206

When the screen is on is that area affected? As in...does the screen show any discoloration or look dark no matter what app or site you go to? If the screen itself isn’t damaged and affecting functionality they may consider this cosmetic and won’t do anything about it. Since you said you bought it a few weeks ago you might be past your return/exchange period. You can always contact Support or set up an appointment at your local Apple store or authorized repair facility to have them take a look at it so they can determine what’s going on and if it’s something that would be covered.

Stain screen IPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.