Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 not tracking steps

Activity app not tracking steps/close rings, tried unpairing, turned off/on iPhone and watch, deleted my fitness pal app that may have been causing the issue but nothing works. Need help I feel my watch is worthless

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 2:11 PM

After 5 hours of being on chat will Apple, we do a diagnostic and turns out it’s hardware related. Crappy thing is, I’m past warranty stage so this could likely cost as much to repair as buying a newer watch. Cant send it into Apple either, have to go local to have it repaired according to Apple rep because of COVID.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 2:11 PM in response to HappySlap

After 5 hours of being on chat will Apple, we do a diagnostic and turns out it’s hardware related. Crappy thing is, I’m past warranty stage so this could likely cost as much to repair as buying a newer watch. Cant send it into Apple either, have to go local to have it repaired according to Apple rep because of COVID.

Jan 19, 2021 9:26 AM in response to HappySlap

Check your settings here;

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Apple Watch series 3 not tracking steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.