Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous Calls

I am getting call after call stating there has been a breach of my icloud account. The message states that it is "Olivia" from apple support and I need to speak with an apple support representative before I use any apple device. I am assuming that this is a hacker but my question is how do I get them to stop calling over and over. It is coming from multiple numbers which I am blocking as they come in, but they apparently have many numbers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 11:46 AM

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

They probably don't actually have multiple numbers but they can spoof an unlimited variety of numbers -- the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

One option to consider (what I use) is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 11:46 AM in response to Getting_continuous_calls

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

They probably don't actually have multiple numbers but they can spoof an unlimited variety of numbers -- the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

One option to consider (what I use) is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Continuous Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.