Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old photos

Hi, I have a new phone and after all sign in I cant see my old photos. I cant get my I phone 6 plus to work, cause its old and doesn't work.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 11:31 AM

Were your photos on your old phone synced to iCloud Photos as described in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support ? If they were you can turn on Settings > [username] > iCloud > iCloud Photos on your new phone (using the same Apple ID) and they will sync to it. If you aren't sure, you can use a computer internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and see if they are in the Photos app there.

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on in your old phone, did you have a backup to either iCloud or a computer? If so, you can use that backup to setup the new phone. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 11:31 AM in response to lasma48

Were your photos on your old phone synced to iCloud Photos as described in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support ? If they were you can turn on Settings > [username] > iCloud > iCloud Photos on your new phone (using the same Apple ID) and they will sync to it. If you aren't sure, you can use a computer internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and see if they are in the Photos app there.

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on in your old phone, did you have a backup to either iCloud or a computer? If so, you can use that backup to setup the new phone. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

My old photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.