Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch will not restart even after a Force Restart.

I charged my I watch overnight. While charging the green icon is present. When off the charger the charge icon is red. I tried a Force Restart and nothing happens. I also noticed the battery needed recharging within the day, not within 18 hours. Any suggestions? I am not super tech savvy.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 10:45 AM

If your watch requires charging, a red lightning bolt appears on the screen. (You might need to click the side button to see the watch face.) When your watch is charging, the red lightning bolt changes to a green lightning bolt. If your screen is blank or you see the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable icon and a red lightning bolt  on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes. 

For more info, see:

For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 10:45 AM in response to 1Guzzie

If your watch requires charging, a red lightning bolt appears on the screen. (You might need to click the side button to see the watch face.) When your watch is charging, the red lightning bolt changes to a green lightning bolt. If your screen is blank or you see the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable icon and a red lightning bolt  on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes. 

For more info, see:

For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

My watch will not restart even after a Force Restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.