Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to find my airdrop pdf files

Hi all

i just recently used airdrop to send several 800mb pdf’s

the first time it ask me what app to open the pdf file and i choose to use adobe pdf reader and it shows in that app

however the subsequent pdf’s even if im using airdrop to transfer the files i cannot find it in adobe pdf reader apps.

i see the iphone storage is increase but

how do i find my pdf or reset the associated apps for my iphone?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 7:56 AM

Hi Wildestcatever,

It looks like you are sending some PDF files using AirDrop, however you're not able to locate the files on your device. AirDrop is a great option to share files. We're glad you reached out for help.

If you are sending the files to yourself you may not get a notice to Accept or Decline. The PDF that is being sent will show in the app it was sent from. Are you using the Adobe PDF reader to send the files? If you check the built-in Files app do the PDF documents appear there? Take a look at the resource below on how files are located on your device once they are received.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 7:56 AM in response to Wildestcatever

Hi Wildestcatever,

It looks like you are sending some PDF files using AirDrop, however you're not able to locate the files on your device. AirDrop is a great option to share files. We're glad you reached out for help.

If you are sending the files to yourself you may not get a notice to Accept or Decline. The PDF that is being sent will show in the app it was sent from. Are you using the Adobe PDF reader to send the files? If you check the built-in Files app do the PDF documents appear there? Take a look at the resource below on how files are located on your device once they are received.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Jan 25, 2021 11:12 AM in response to Wildestcatever

Wildestcatever,

We appreciate that you have followed up and let us know how you're using the AirDrop feature from your Mac to your iPhone. Are the files being sent subsequently after the one you have accepted? Have you had a chance to check the Files app and see if they are located there?

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you try to use AirDrop to send a photo from your Mac do you get the accept /decline option?

Have a good day!

Where to find my airdrop pdf files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.