You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What will happen to my photos I have backed up if I delete all iCloud storage

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 3:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:10 PM

If your using iCloud photo, then those photos are not backed up, they are sync’d to iCloud. If you delete them in iCloud you’ll delete them on your devices when the deletion sync’s across them.

To save those photos, turn off iCloud photo first and choose to keep originals on the device. Or transfer them to a computer hard drive for safe keeping.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2021 5:10 PM in response to Emilyqwerty

If your using iCloud photo, then those photos are not backed up, they are sync’d to iCloud. If you delete them in iCloud you’ll delete them on your devices when the deletion sync’s across them.

To save those photos, turn off iCloud photo first and choose to keep originals on the device. Or transfer them to a computer hard drive for safe keeping.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.