Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor media playback from all apps

My IPhone 11 does not play any media, video or music from my apps without constant cutouts and stalls. Wifi is strong enough, and another IPhone 11 in this home has no issues with these functions. Ideas on the cause? Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:41 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the other (slightly more drastic) thing to try is to backup your iPhone and then restore it from that backup. That would delete any corrupted files and re-index the file system.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Finally, you could reset your iPhone to factory settings (and lose all your data).

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 5:41 PM in response to pan_fried_9

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the other (slightly more drastic) thing to try is to backup your iPhone and then restore it from that backup. That would delete any corrupted files and re-index the file system.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Finally, you could reset your iPhone to factory settings (and lose all your data).

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Jan 24, 2021 7:01 AM in response to javaliga

Hello, and thank you for that response. I had restarted my phone numerous times before contacting customer support. So, I backed-up via the cloud and restored/reset everything. It took quite a while to re-install all my apps, etc. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. My playback from all apps is very spotty. It get stuck in a continual loop looking for a network connection. The other iPhone in this home has no problems with playback. So, I am guessing I need to make an appointment at an Apple store? Thank you for help, by the way.

Poor media playback from all apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.