Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining issues on the newly bought IPhone 12pro

My battery has been draining ridiculously a lot overnight with an idle mode.

It was at 96% when I went to sleep but woke up the next morning with 56% battery . 40% battery draining in just few hours? That is RIDICULOUS.

Btw, I have updated the IOS to 14.3. Back then with 14.2 I don’t see a lot of issues with it

Please resolve this issue as I am a new user. It will not be a good customer experience if this is not resolved ASAP.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:48 PM

Why are you not charging it overnight if you are not using it until the morning? Keeping it plugged into power and connected to wi-fi will allow you to do an unassisted backup in iCloud.

Also, on a newly purchased device, especially if you had to update the iOS, the iPhone needs to complete processes and index files. That can generally take 24-48 hours to complete, and the device will generally settle down after that. You can also below the section there listed Battery Usage by App and see what app or apps are using the highest percentage of battery. Also, where you see the blue column above 00, if you tap on that, it will tell you what was using battery during that time. Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 5:48 PM in response to edmund8123

Why are you not charging it overnight if you are not using it until the morning? Keeping it plugged into power and connected to wi-fi will allow you to do an unassisted backup in iCloud.

Also, on a newly purchased device, especially if you had to update the iOS, the iPhone needs to complete processes and index files. That can generally take 24-48 hours to complete, and the device will generally settle down after that. You can also below the section there listed Battery Usage by App and see what app or apps are using the highest percentage of battery. Also, where you see the blue column above 00, if you tap on that, it will tell you what was using battery during that time. Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Battery draining issues on the newly bought IPhone 12pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.